Attached file not found.

For some reason I seem to be encountering problems open up some of the articles on Zotero. These are articles that I have have opened many times before but now I can't. I use Windows 10.
The attached file could not be found at the following path:

This is the message that keeps coming up:

C:\Users\helen\Documents\MASTERS 2019\WEEK 1 MD in context\8 Individual and social aspects of learning. Review of research in educaiton..pdf

It may have been moved or deleted outside of Zotero, or a Linked Attachment Base Directory may be set incorrectly on one of your computers.

If you delete outside Zotero, will this affect the syn? I deleted some pdfs on my downloads.... but I though once you transfer to Zotero, is in Zotero and saved?

If any one can help it would be much appreciated.
  • It's telling you where it's looking for the file. Do you see the file at that location on this computer?
  • Hi thank you for your reply. Yes I have found it after doing a computer search. I think I have inadvertently deleted some pdfs and without thinking I didn't realise that this would effect Zotero. Lesson learnt! Luckily it's just a few random articles that it can't locate and not all of my library.