CSL variable 'status' in the zotero documentation

edited August 10, 2020
Greetings,

in the zotero documentation for CSL variables not included the CSL variable 'status' in the documentation is not capitalized, every other CSL variable is capitalized.

my question is: 1. does it matter (capitalization) and 2. is this an error? I can't get a stylized output change in the date on a journal article either way (capitalized or not) by testing for output using the Unified linguistics style sheet.

see: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/item_types_and_fields#citeable_fields_not_included_in_zotero
  • 1. It doesn't matter. All CSL variables are actually lowercased and don't contain spaces, but Zotero allows both the actual CSL variable (e.g., status, original-date) and the capitalized version that's closer to how the Zotero field would look, (Status, Original Date).
    2. Given this, the documentation page is a bit inconsistent, but everything on the page works.

Remember that the way CSL works, not every variable or even every item type is accounted for in every style. Status, e.g., simply doesn't appear in the Unified Stylesheet, so it's not surprising you can't test it.
  • (I’ve fixed the capitalization in the documentation.)