Going from Zotero to Endnote - losing the ‘Extra’ field

Hi,
My workplace is moving to Endnote, I am not sure why but it is out of my hands.
We currently have a library with over 4000 items.
The issue I am having is with the 'Extra' field.
I can export everything to endnote and all the fields populate except the 'Extra' field, which has been used for project tracking and is needed.
Does anyone know if there is a way to import my references from Zotero to Endnote so that the extra field comes across?
I have searched the forums and online and have not found anything applicable, so any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
  • edited August 11, 2020
    Best form would have been to use child notes for project tracking information. However, if you have a technician at your aid, you could use something like the MODS (an XML export) export the extra field, this could then be merged with another XML type that might not have the extra field, but does have custom fields - such as EndNoteXML. I think the extra field shows up in MODS as "note".

But another way to do this would be to create a tag for each item in the Extra field, Tags are generally carried over to Endnote.
  • If this is still relevant, it also would not be terribly hard to get Extra into RIS or EndnoteXML; you'd just need to decide where it should go in Endnote -- modifying the export script is likely easier than merging from MODS or the like.