Zotero collective account

Hi! I work at the library of a government organisation and I'm wondering what would be the best way to give access to the online library to a maximum of users/employees. Is there any other way than everybody creating their own account? Can someone who doesn't have an account just access the library online? The point is that I'm in charge of finding documents on the subjects that are of interest to the organisation ("current awareness"), but I'm not the one USING them. We installed Zotero so I could share the references with research teams and anyone who might be interested. Thanks,
  • Generally the best and most flexible approach is for everyone to have a Zotero account and to invite them to a private group. You could have multiple private groups based on sub-topics.

You can share the online view of public libraries with people who don't have a Zotero account, but they will only be able to see the metadata, not the attached documents. You can only share documents within closed groups. Also, as per my other answer, the online library is a good bit more limited.
  • That's what I suspected. Would an online view include the link to the online documents? Because that's really what we need to share : copyright laws does not allow us to share PDFs or other such formats at large. As for the limits of the online library, do you mean the available space? Thanks!
  • Would an online view include the link to the online documents?
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, but it just shows the same data that's in your local Zotero. If there's a value in the URL field, for example, it will show that.
    As for the limits of the online library, do you mean the available space?
    No. The web library just has much less functionality. adamsmith explained this in your other thread.
  • Ok, I understand. All we need is for our "visitors" to see that the document exists and can access it (or the abstract) online. I maintain and manage the account.