Best course of action for incomplete entries imported from old reference manager?

I used to add entries to my reference collection by using Google Scholar. Google Scholar provides only the essential information for each reference. Now with zotero, I've learned it's a lot easier to just click on the connector tool. When I switched to Zotero, I imported my old entries as a .bib file, and now I have hundreds of entries that I now see are rather incomplete.

What might be the best way to get full information for all my entries? I did some googling, and I read that zotero doesn't support update via doi. Would I have to create a new entry (via accessing article and using zotero connector) and then delete the old entry? That might take a good deal of time.
  • Would I have to create a new entry (via accessing article and using zotero connector) and then delete the old entry? That might take a good deal of time.
    currently yes. You can add an merge instead of add and delete, or you can wait for the update feature, which will happen eventually but not ETA
  • Just leaving this for future readers: merging is recommended over deleting duplicates.

https://www.zotero.org/support/duplicate_detection