Restore to Zotero server working?

I'm getting the "empty response from server" error so am trying to reset the version of my database on the Zotero server. I choose the "Restore to Zotero server" option and click reset but nothing happens? The sync icon does not spin and I see no outbound data? How can I tell whether this is working or not? I'm still experiencing the "empty response from server" error...
  • Should work now. No need to reset.
  • edited August 26, 2009
    Thanks. Can confirm this is now sorted. Out of interest, what was the problem and how can I tell when the reset is working?
  • It was a server problem. Authorization requests for syncing were failing. We're taking steps to ensure that this doesn't happen again.

When Restore to Server works, you see spinning (possibly after some initial processing), see outbound data, and get a message when it finishes.
  • Cheers Dan, much appreciated. An appropriate error message on the sync button would be great too to aid in troubleshooting.
  • Hi,
    I don't have time at the moment to file a report, but might this problem be acting up again? I've been unable to sync since late last night. I have a local backup, at least.
    Thank you.
  • might this problem be acting up again?
    No, but I see an error from you. If the problem continues, generate debug output for a sync attempt in the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs, send it in, and post the ID to a new thread.