Report ID: 849304330 (Zotero-5.0.88_linux-x86_64.tar + LibreOffice Version: 6.4.5.2)

Report ID: 849304330

I downloaded Zotero-5.0.88_linux-x86_64.tar and installed it on Debian (unstable/sid). When I launched the standalone application, it offered to add LibreOffice plugin. I said "yes", and proceeded ahead. Unfortunately, there were some errors, and the LibreOffice extension didn't go through successfully.

So, I opened LibreOffice's extension manager, and pointed it to `./Zotero_linux-x86_64/extensions/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org/install/Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt`. Then LibreOffice reported an error. I am not able to copy the error as text, so I have uploaded the screenshot of the images here: https://gitlab.com/kjambunathan/scratch/-/issues/2.

~$ uname -a

Linux debian 5.7.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.7.6-1 (2020-06-24) x86_64 GNU/Linux

~$ dpkg -l | grep libreoffice-writer

ii libreoffice-writer 1:6.4.5-1 amd64 office productivity suite -- word processor

Version: 6.4.5.2
Build ID: 1:6.4.5-1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.7; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-IN (en_IN.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded
  • Is that LibreOffice 6.4, or is it a 7.0 RC? The screenshot suggests that the latter is involved.
  • > Is that LibreOffice 6.4, or is it a 7.0 RC? The screenshot suggests that the latter is involved.

Thanks for your help. Everything looks good now.

Yes. I believe the debian's liberoffice's packages were in a transitional state.
    After the upgrade, LibreOffice splash screen reflects the change in the branding to 'Personal Edition'.

I have upgraded now to

~$ dpkg -l | grep libreoffice-writer
    ii libreoffice-writer 1:7.0.0~rc2-1 amd64 office productivity suite -- word processor

The only additional step I had to do was to enable the 'Zotero LibreOffice Integration' in `Tools->Add-ons` menu of Zotero.