Syncing large collections

13»
  • Ok, thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • ajlyon is quite right about the '3rd party' sync option (such as DropBox) not working for multiple access. As a single user, I'm just fine with DropBox. It seems, however, that Zotero is being taken to places it didn't expect to have to go, initially, such as being hammered simultaneously by teams of researchers. I'm pretty sure those very savvy people at Zotero are already looking at stateless, multi-user access, perhaps through their new standalone app? I'm sure SQLite is up to the task - if not, it's normally not an insurmountable thing to plug a different database into the back end (easy for me to say - I'm not on the programming team!). Also, I'm sure the very reason SQLite was used in the first place was to create a small, self-contained app. That part worked great! Oh well ...
  • I think that's what the Zotero data server architecture is for.
  • Ok, I would like to report that my library of 17411 parent items (30968 total) synced successfully after I upgraded to Firefox 4. It took several tries over two days, and I had to restart the browser and the computer a few times after errors. But I haven't had problems since. Many thanks!