How to autoload my personal citation style (.csl file)

I have created a personal citation style for academic writing. I have put the .csl file under C:\Users\...\Profiles\...\styles\my.csl
Still, every time I start Zotero, I have to manually load the new citation style.
Is there any way that Zotero can load the new citation style automatically?

BTW, there are many citation style files under C:\Users\...\Profiles\...\styles\. However, I don't think they are working. Zotero doesn't seem to load these files, because if I change one of the files (e.g., IEEE.csl), the IEEE citation style in Zotero is still intact (Zotero probably fetches it from the Internet). I have to manually load the file to change the IEEE citation style.
  • C:\Users\...\Profiles\...\styles\my.csl
    That shouldn't be your data directory location unless you're using a very old version of Zotero:

https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data
  • Oh... I see what you mean. Do you mean the "Data Directory Location" in preferences is the place I should look for?

I checked. I have put my data directory under D:\Zotero. Every time I start Zotero, all the csl files under Zotero\styles are updated (check last modified date). That means every time Zotero starts, it always fetches the lastest csl files.

Anyway, thank you very much! I have successfully realized it by putting my personal csl file in that directory.
  • They shouldn't be updated on each startup — as in, the modification date changes every single time you start up Zotero — unless there's something wrong with your installation. If you're sure that's happening, we'd want to see a Debug ID for Zotero startup, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option.
  • edited July 12, 2020
    Thank you.
    My debug ID is D1005237664
  • Thanks — it looks like this happened when the local time zone was > UTC. Should be fixed in the latest Zotero beta, and the fix will be included in 5.0.89.
  • Thank you very much!