Zotero does not work for Ibid and Op.cit

Hello everyone,

I uses the model of citation of Université de Bordeaux in french, but it seems Zotero does not work for ibid and op.cit. When I cite the same resource on the same file, ibid and op.cit do not appear, so that Zotero always show the full citation without any mark of ibid and op.cit.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Best,
Dewi
  • Do you mean universite-de-bordeaux-ecole-doctorale-de-droit.csl?

If so, that style does have ibid in it. How exactly are you inserting items into your document?
  • Yes, I use the model of citation Université de Bordeaux-Ecole de droit (French). Before, op.cit and Ibid appeared automatically whenever I cited the same resource . Now, it does not work anymore. Is there any errors in Zotero?
  • I insert by opening word document -> Zotero -> add citation
  • Okay, then it definitely should show ibid (though not op cit—CSL currently has no op cit option, and I personally recommend not using op cit).

What happens in a new empty word document with just the same citation repeated twice?
  • If I use the same source, the citation is repeated twice and more. Usually, ibid and op.cit appear automatically by Zotero. Now it show full citation twice and more.
  • Are the citations underlined with a dotted line?

Can you upload your test document with just the two citations to Dropbox or similar and post a link here?
  • edited July 13, 2020
    Thank you very much for your kind attention. This is a link of the test Zotero as an exemple. It should show ibid from this exemple. My original document using this citation is more than 300 pages as a thèse at Sorbonne Law School.
  • That link is private
  • Thank you for your reminding , I have erase it. I just want to solve the problems, it's simple. Anyone can help me to solve it?
  • Sorry, you're misunderstanding. No one was able to access to document because you hadn't allowed public access via google drive.
    This works in general, so we can't solve the problem without the relevant details.
  • Here is the link of zotero. I hope this problem can be solved.
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/kah1ov114pzc8rtx6tbzt/tes-zotero.docx?dl=0&rlkey=oyq54o6xefl1fit97b1v9dgi8
    I find that ibid and op.cit do not work for files are that 100 pages.
    Thank you very much for your kind attention
  • Works for me after downloading the file and Refreshing. Have you tried to click "Refresh"? If that doesn't work, how about switching to a different style and back.
    Make sure that "automatically update citations" is checked.
  • Essaie un autre style (p.ex. Université libre de Bruxelles - histoire (french), qui fonctionne avec Ibid., op.cit,... et pour de longs documents - je l'ai utilisé hier pour un doc de 450 p.).
    Si cela ne va pas, le prob est peut-être ailleurs que dans Zotero.
    Tu peux aussi essayer en fermant toutes les autres applications, y compris ton navigateur web, pour ne garder que le traitement de texte et Zotero sur ton ordi ouverts: simplement libérer de la mémoire vive arrange parfois des problèmes.
  • Thank you very much. Yesterday, I refreshed zotero, but it needs all day. I changed the style, but it's still the same today.

J'ai déjà changé le style (Université libre de Bruxelles) mais c'est toujours pareil. Zotero ne peut pas changer ibid et op.cit automatiquement