[Solved] Zotero beta on Mac : Changes to stacked view layout?

edited July 10, 2020
5.0.89-beta.3+419953f47

Mac 10.15.4 (19E287)

With the last beta update I seem to see a few changes and I wonder if this is something about my display of if the appearance or layout has changed with the program update. Is this a coincidence?

The dividing line between the upper and lower panes is _much_ smaller and difficult to find with my mouse.

Instead of a partially collapsed abstract field I now view the full abstract and the fields for items below the abstract are pushed down.

When adding authors using the "+" button to the far right (especially with single field not lastname firstname view) it is almost impossible to click on the +. Even when I'm convinced that I've clicked on the + the cursor moves to the abstract field. If I first click in the abstract field and then click the +, the new author field appears and I can place the cursor there.

These are a few of the most problematic issues for me. I've tried closing and restarting Zotero, restarting my Mac, and making tweaks to the accessibility and mouse settings in system preferences. Is this problem on my end or does this reflect an intentional change to Zotero. If the latter, I like the old way better.

Thanks
  • edited July 10, 2020
    None of these are recent changes in Zotero.
    The dividing line between the upper and lower panes is _much_ smaller and difficult to find with my mouse.
    This has always been the case in stacked mode. It's just never been made to support a wider click area like the vertical dividers in the default mode.
    Instead of a partially collapsed abstract field I now view the full abstract and the fields for items below the abstract are pushed down.
    Click on the Abstract label to collapse/expand. This has always been the case.
    Even when I'm convinced that I've clicked on the + the cursor moves to the abstract field.
    There's been a little bugginess around creators for a while. What you're describing happens if you're adding a new creator line and press + with the mouse while the text field is open. Just press Shift-Enter on the keyboard or press Enter to close the field first. This will be fixed in a future version.
  • Thanks for the help. I really should have known about the Abstract Label.