Zotero shuts down when searching for file in file dialogue

Hello everyone,

I'm on Win10 with Zotero 5.0.88. When I try to link a file to an entry, and I use the search field in the upper right corner of the file dialogue that opens, Zotero shuts down. I can't even enter anything in the search field. As soon as I click on it, the window freezes and after a few seconds the Zotero window, including the file dialogue closes.

This is just a minor inconvenience because I can just search the location of my file beforehand, but I thought the bug report might be of interest to some.
  • There was one other report of this, but we just show the standard Windows search dialog, so I'm afraid there's nothing we can do about it. The most likely cause is some sort of security software or restriction on your computer. If you're not running the latest version of Windows, you should make sure you update.

We'll be updating to a new version of the underlying application framework we use in the next couple months, and it's possible that that could fix some incompatibility. But again, this doesn't seem to be any sort of general problem.