Error Report 1599425037: Zotero Has Failed to Start

I'm getting constant crashes in Zotero. It will work for one activity, i.e. saving one reference or editing one existing reference, but after that, Zotero won't run and I just get a blank window, except for the warning to restart Firefox. I've disabled any extensions I've recently installed, but still no luck.
  • edited August 22, 2009
    Are you using sync? If so, have you tried disabling auto-sync?

Have you checked your database in the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences?

If you can reproduce this, turn on debug logging in the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs, reproduce the error, and then send in the output and post the ID here.
  • Yes, I did have auto-sync on, for both the Zotero sync server and my own webdav storage for attachments. I also discovered I had over 15,000 orphaned files -- which seems like a huge number (it was over 700 megs). I'm not sure what was up with that. I've gone into the Zotero folder and deleted all the orphaned files, and also reset all the server syncs. I'll see what happens next.
  • I ended up deleting everything on the webdav server and starting the file storage from scratch. That seemed to have fixed the problem.