Error syncing group library

Hi Dan,

Zotero shows an error by syncing a group library (its name is "microinsurance"). I added articles to the library, so did my colleague. She can sync with the server, but I cannot. Before she added a couple of bibliographic entries yesterday, I could sync, too.

Now, always following error message shows up:

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: anonymous :: line 136" data: no] [QUERY: INSERT INTO itemCreators VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)] [ERROR: constraint failed]"]

Report ID is: 59227008

(My computer: Ubuntu 04.09 with FF3.5 and Zotero 2.0b6.5
Her Computer: WindowsXP, FF3.5 and Zotero 2.0b6.5)

Is there any solution? Thank you for helping.
  • Open the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences, enable debug logging, perform a sync, send in the debug output, and post the Report ID here. Thanks.
  • edited August 22, 2009
    Hi,

this is the Report ID: D1707045104.
    and a second one,too: D23746202.

Thank you
    Gerald
  • edited August 24, 2009
    Hi Dan,

by trying to fix my problem myself, things got worse:

- because I had disabled "sync automatically" before, I have figured out on the support pages of zotero that a full sync could help to solve my problem
    - Indeed, performing the full sync, Zotero figured out 144 conflicts and I could resolve 44 of them before Zotero suddenly finished syncing due to a merge error. This happened with an entry where a note to the bibliographic data was changed where just the words "Auch eingescannt" were added to an old note during the last days.
    - After that, Full sync with Zotero server does not even start any more after hitting the reset button.
    - Hence, I enabled the debugging mode and collected some 270000 lines by trying to perform a new full sync. As this is too much to send via the inbuilt reporting mechanism, I sent it per email to support@zot....org

I hope this helps by solving the problem.

Thanks a lot
    Gerald
  • edited August 24, 2009
    before Zotero suddenly finished syncing due to a merge error.
    What error? If it was "Invalid mode 'mergeedit' in relatedbox.xml", it's fixed in the latest dev build, and the fix will be included in the next beta. Editing both notes to be identical might get around the problem in the meantime.
  • Hi Dan,

yes, it was exactly this error message. I could not exactly remember the message, because now full sync never shows up again after hitting the button reset (please see the debug file which I sent to support at zotero-org about half an hour ago. Will this work with the new beta version as well?

Thank you very much. You and your team are very helpful.
    Gerald