Multiple sources from one author without a date of publishing, need a numbering

Hello,

I am looking for a solution to the following problem:
I have several sources from one author without a date. When I insert a citation in the text Zotero creates the same quotation for all citations:

In the bibliography:
Author 1 (n. d.): ABCD
Author 1 (n. d.): EFGH

In the text:
(Author 1 n. d.)
(author 1 n. d.)

Normally (if I know the year of publishing) Zotero automatically creates a numbering in a,b,c...

So:
Author 1 (2020a): ABCD
Author 1 (2020b): EFGH

and in the text:
(Author 1 2020a)
(Author 1 2020b)

Now I would like, so that a clear allocation of the sources is possible, this numbering also behind the n. d.:

Author 1 (n. d. a): ABCD
Author 1 (n. d. b): EFGH

and in the text:
(Author 1 n. d. a)
(Author 1 n. d. b)

I hope my problem is understandable and someone knows a solution? Would help me a lot!

Thank you!
  • edited 23 days ago
    I believe this should just work. If not, someone should be able to help you.

1. What style are you using?
    2. How is "n.d." created? Is this automatically generated as part of the style? Are you entering it manually (where)? (That might be why it isn't working consistently.)
  • I believe this should just work.
    Not quite, no -- suffixes after n. d. need to be added explicitly in the style and they're not in most styles.

So yes, the answer to both Qs above would be helpful.
  • Not quite, no -- suffixes after n. d. need to be added explicitly in the style and they're not in most styles.
    Ah, I was used to this working in some styles. Makes sense!
  • Hey!

I am using the style "Wirtschaftsuniversitat Wien - Abteilung für Bildungswissenschaft (German - Austria)" and the style generates the n. d. automatically.

Thanks for your help!!
  • edited 15 days ago
    found the solution!

Just add: text variable="year-suffix" prefix=" "
    after: text term="no date"

Now it is working :)