Large Wikipedia Pages cause Zotero to Choke or at least hiccup

My son is completing a 9th grade biblio which includes several wikipedia articles. He's on a mac and I'm on a pc.

When creating a New item from the Current Page
on several larger wikipedia articles like Hillary_Rodham_Clinton Zotero generates the following Warning in Firefox:

A script on the page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

It then displays three buttons:
Stop script
Debug script
Continue

Some pages like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama generate errors on his mac, but not on my pc.

Pressing the Continue, sometimes more than once, ultimately leads to a successful Zotero creation of a new item.

Any ideas on what's happening here and how to repair it?

--Dan
  • I can't replicate any problems when I click Create New Item from Current Page. I tried the Obama article using Firefox 2.0.0.3 on a MacBook Pro and the latest public beta release of Zotero (b4.r5). Can you please make sure that everything on your end is up to date and try again? If you still experience the problem, we'll ask you to try importing the page with the console open to see where things are bogging down.
  • The delay and resulting warning message were due to a bug in the WebPageDump code we're using to save snapshots. I've fixed it on the dev branch and will submit a patch back to WPD.

Thanks.