How can I access my Zotero Attachments remotely (on-line)

Hi Zotero Community,

Greetings.

I have the updated Zotero program (2.0) on my computer and I am working on trying to access my attachment (via ZOTERO Sync) on other machines. I have a log-in and already have the sync feature etc. However, the only thing that I can currently open from other locations is the info about each reference...not the attachments that should go with it. When I click on the attachment button I just get info about the attachment and not the attachment itself. Please send any ideas my way...any help with this challenge is welcome.

In Peace,

Nathan
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/sync#file_syncing
  • Note that currently attachments aren't available on the website, even with file syncing enabled, although AFAIK this feature is planned for the future.

If you need to access attachments from a public computer (i.e. one where you can't install firefox and zotero) one possible solution is to use portable firefox on a USB stick, along with file syncing (see adamsmith's link) to keep the USB stick up to date with your main computer. As with all beta software, especially when using a slightly unusual workflow such as this one, remember to take frequent backups of your data directory ;)