Multilingual bibliographies while writing papers in multiple languages

Hello guys,

I want to understand the current status of multilingual bibliographies, i. e. where you have references to works in multiple languages and each of the language has to use it's own formatting style.

As I can see, this functionality has been developed in Juris-M piece of software based on Zotero. If this is correct, could you clarify:
1. Are there any plans to incorporate Juris-M's functionality with regards to multilingual bibliographies?
2. If not, how often is Juris-M updated to reflect the changes in Zotero?
3. Can I use the database updated with Juris-M to accommodate multilingual fields - in Zotero and vice versa?

If anyone want more details I'm providing an example of multilingual bibliography that I also posted to a Citavi forum:

Case 1. I'm writing an article in Russian and have referenced works in both Russian and English. I'm going to apply one of the Russian styles (say, one of the GOST ones) and everything should work fine. Examples (note that the first one is Russian and Cyrillic script, i. e. non-Latin character):

Хоренян Р. Г., Фейгенсон О. Н. О практических приемах определения главных функциональных параметров значимости продукта // Методолог, 2007 г.
Malinin L. "The Method for Transforming a Business Goal into a Set of Engineering Problems." International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, Vol. 4, No. 4, 2010, p. 321.

Case 2. I've translated the same article from Russian to English and I not only need to change the citation style (say, MLA 8th ed.) but also to include a transliterated titles of Russian papers (as well as transliterated journal names and other properties probably) and an English translation of those items into bibliography. Examples (note that the first one has been amended with English translation and a transliteraion of Cyrillic characters to Latin characters):

Khorenyan R. G., Feygenson O. N. "O prakticheskikh priyemakh opredeleniya glavnykh funktsionalnykh parametrov znachimosti produkta [On Practical Techniques for Determining Main Parameters of Value of a Product]." Metodolog, 2007.

Malinin L. "The Method for Transforming a Business Goal into a Set of Engineering Problems." International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, Vol. 4, No. 4, 2010, p. 321.

Will it be possible to handle this using Zotero? If yes, what's the best and future-proof way?
  • 1. Juris-m functionality as it exists will likely not make it to Zotero any time soon. That said
    a) Case 1) can already be done in Zotero, though not officially and it requires modifying styles and meticulously entering metadata in the language field for each item. There are existing threads on the forums on this (I don't have time to look them up, but someone else might or you can find them) and
    b) I think there's a good chance that a basic translated title option will come to Zotero in the not-too-distant future, but that, too, will require modified styles.

2. Quite frequently. juris-m is typically up to date with Zotero
    3. You can upgrade a Zotero data base to use with juris-m, but not vice versa. You can sync juris-m and Zotero with the same account without loss, but the juris-m specific features will only work with Juris-m.