Download page for Zotero Connector isn't working

Hello! I'm trying to download Zotero Connector for Google Chrome but keeps redirecting to a 404 page... Is this problem going to be solved anytime soon?
Thanks for your help : )
  • edited May 27, 2020
    What URL are you ending up on that's a 404?

The download link for the Zotero Connector is just a link to the Chrome Web Store. It certainly works in general, but it's possible Google is having some problem in some regions.
  • OK, that's the correct URL, and it works fine for me. Unless there's something intercepting your traffic (you can check the site certificate info for that page), this is just some sort of Google outage in your region. It'll likely come back soon. Nothing we can do about it.
  • Thank you for your help! It still doesn't work for me. I will check the site certificate info and hope it gets fixed soon.
  • edited May 27, 2020
    The site certificate should be issued to "*.google.com" by "GTS CA 1O1".
  • The site certificiate info reads (in spanish)

*.google.com
    Emitido por: GTS CA 1O1
    Caduca: martes, 28 de julio de 2020, 10:22:35 (hora de verano de Europa central)
  • Tried to go from 3 cons at top right, More tools then Developer Tools but unfortunately I can't see the Security Tab which might take me to View Certificate and look for Issued by line.
  • That page is actually out of date after Chrome made this easier again — you can just click on the padlock to the left of the address bar and then click on "Certificate". But the certificate was correct for @dpecharr, so this is almost certainly just a regional issue with the Chrome Web Store.
  • Okay, it shows the following:

Issued to: *.zotero.org

Issued by: Amazon

Valid from: 13/02/2020 to 13/03/2021
  • No, that's this site. The question here is the Chrome Web Store URL, since that's where you're having trouble.
  • Okay,
    Issued to: *.google.com

Issued by: GTS CA 101

Valid from 05/05/2020 to 28/07/2020
  • Right, so that's correct as well. I'm afraid you'll need to wait for Google to fix this.
  • I am facing this same issue when I try to install the Zotero Chrome connector. Has it been fixed?
  • There's no general issue. You can try from a different browser to see if the page loads, to see if it's some sort of problem with your Chrome installation or a problem with the Chrome Web Store in your region. (You won't be able to install it into Chrome with another browser, though.) You can also see if you're able to go to the Chrome Web Store generally.