Shortcut for undoing tags selection AND undoing folder selection (productivity)

edited May 27, 2020
There often times where I want to start "fresh" for searching my database, where I need to deselect all tags AND choose my whole library instead of specific folders. How to do it quickly with my keyboard on my MacOS 10.15.4 Catalina using Zotera App 5.0.87.?

First, I want to unselect all tags using a short cut. The tag menu next to the tag search field has an option "deselect all" which is the function I need. I found "Toggle Tag Selector" with CMD+Shift+T in your documentation (https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/keyboard_shortcuts), while at the same time I found the same with CMD+Shift+S in my App Preferences. Both don't do the trick (in fact: nothing seems to happen).

> I found my solution with Zutilo to do it. But what does this "toggle tag selector " thing actually does, i cant figure out.

Second, I can choose my library pane using Cmd+shift+L and then using my left arrow key twice vor every folder level I've opened (to go up and then to wrap it, before going up again). Nothing in Zutilo, afaik. Any suggestions?

• edited May 26, 2020
    Second, I can choose my library pane using Cmd+shift+L and then using my left arrow key twice vor every folder level I've opened
    You can just press Cmd-Shift-L and then Home (fn-left-arrow) to select My Library.

Switching collections will clear all tags and search terms.
  • (Though if you're in a group, it's true that you'd have to use left-arrow repeatedly.)
  • Nice, thank you. One more thing:

How to clear the search without going to Collections pane?

(Situation: I have searched for something using the authors name (for example), found it, checked the tags and now want to see everything having one of the tags. So i select the tag right away, but still have the search item working, thus "blinding" me to the search)
  • I'm not sure I understand. You just want to clear the search in the search bar? You can just click the X.

If you want to do that via the keyboard, press Cmd-F and then Delete.