Report ID: 963387475

I've been having a new issue with Zotero Connector (for Firefox) yesterday and today: when I import an article, it will create an entry but will hang on the snapshot and PDF import functions. I can go to a new site and repeat the same process, so it's not like the extension will crash, it just never finishes importing the attachments. Is there a recommended way of dealing with this? I noticed the extension was updated in the last week: could it be related to the update?
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) from Zotero for this happening?
  • Also, how are you determining that it's hanging?
  • So fast! Thank you for the quick reply. It might not actually be "hanging", just it has the appearance that it usually does, where the "Full Text PDF" and "Snapshot" text is greyed out. I find this is what normally happens when it's working on importing the two items. It is correctly able to apply the correct translator (in this case, Taylor and Francis+NEJM), and import the metadata correctly, it's just an issue with the attachments.

I ran the scenario again with logging on and submitted my output (Debug ID: D1200969261).
  • That Debug ID is from the connector. For attachment saving, we need a Debug ID from Zotero.
  • Ah ok! Here's the Zotero one: D1963107100
  • [JavaScript Error: "www-tandfonline-com.proxy.lib.[…]:443 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
    The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates.
    An additional root certificate may need to be imported.
    Your university's proxy server is misconfigured. You'll need to report this to your IT department so that they can fix it. You can send them this page:

https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/incomplete_cert_chain

(As explained there, if you paste the proxy domain from the error message into the SSL Labs test, you'll see that it says "Chain Issues: Incomplete".)
  • Ok wonderful, thank you! I'm unsurprised, I've had university proxy issues before. I'm glad to know it's not Zotero at least :)