Ideas on how to find developer for new plugin concept?

I'm looking for help to develop a new plugin that would pull data from a webpage (using the latest and greatest from Zotero) and move it directly into an internal website (currently a Tikiwiki site).
  • there is two ways to attract developers:
    1) make a good case of why that's a desirable feature with broad applicability and find someone who is either incredibly altruistic or (more likely) wants to use it her/himself.
    2) pay someone. Remember that open source only means free as in speech - it doesn't have to be free as in beer.

If you actually mean "help" rather than "someone else doing the work", start working and seek help on the dev list.
  • Hi Adam, Thanks for your note--makes good sense. I should have included that I'm prepared to pay for this, assuming that the functionality can be developed for a reasonable cost. While it might be a fun diversion to figure out the programming, I've got my hands full with other things. So, does it make sense for me to post a brief description here or elsewhere? Also, this would be a project of a nonprofit, and we'd be totally fine with making the product available for others to use / modify.
  • In that case by all means post a note here and on the dev list - also, people more experienced than me may have other suggestions on where to look.
  • edited August 16, 2009
    Can you expand a bit on the "pull data from a webpage (using the latest and greatest from Zotero)" comment?

It might be nice to set up a bounty page on the wiki to allow people to list these ideas.

zotero site people: can you fix the css to properly display inline quotes please?
  • Sounds good. I'll work on a description over the next few days and post it here and on the dev list.
  • I'm going to start a new thread right now..
  • Adam--I'm unable to locate a "dev list" as you mentioned. Could you guide me? Thanks.