FAO Publications Translator Error

Hello, I'm the developer of FAO Publications translator. Recently I found it stopped working. I ran Scaffold and found it failed at detectWeb.

For any URL it is intended to translate, e.g.
http://www.fao.org/documents/card/en/c/ca8751en/ ,

the error output in Scaffold test is:

03:12:28 Detect using FAO Publications failed:
TypeError: Function.prototype.apply called on incompatible undefined

_detectTranslatorLoaded@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translate.js:1721:25
_detect/<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translate.js:1705:14
tryCatcher@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/util.js:16:16
module.exports/Promise.prototype._settlePromiseFromHandler@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/promise.js:512:13
module.exports/Promise.prototype._settlePromise@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/promise.js:569:13
module.exports/Promise.prototype._settlePromise0@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/promise.js:614:5
module.exports/Promise.prototype._settlePromises@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/promise.js:693:13
Async.prototype._drainQueue@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/async.js:133:13
Async.prototype._drainQueues@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/async.js:143:5
Async/this.drainQueues@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/async.js:17:9

url => http://www.fao.org/documents/card/en/c/ca8751en/
downloadAssociatedFiles => true
automaticSnapshots => true
03:12:28 detectWeb did not match

What the problem might be? I could contact the web developer to fix it. Thank you very much!

I also discovered they change all ElementID containing "N1" to "N0" but that's easy to fix.
  • I've pushed a new version of the translator that fixes that error. (There was a newline missing before the test definitions that was breaking parsing.) I also cleaned up linting issues.

You should be able to load it now and fix the functionality.
  • Thanks, Dan. I've tweaked the code and made a GitHub pull request.