Using Zotero for quotes in reading apps

Hello,

I'm trying to export quotes from different reading apps to Zotero through the 'share' option. When cliking on it, it opens up a window 'Zotero login', where it says I need to login into my account and there is a button 'Sign in', which is supposed to take me to a browser window with the Zotero site. First time clicking it, it did so, and I managed to login, but then, when I went back to actually export the quote, it again opened the same window 'Zotero login', but this time nothing happens when I click 'Sign in'. If I try it multiple time, closing everything and going from the start, the same thing just repeats.

Can anyone help? I really need this tool...

Izidor
  • So, basically the question is how can I import quotes from reading apps such as ReadEra or PocketBook into Zotero?
  • Are you saying "Zotero" is available as a share option on those sites? In that case, you'd have to ask them. This isn't something Zotero would provide.
  • edited April 23, 2020
    Yes, there is an option 'Zotero Login' with both of the mentioned apps in the 'Share' menu.

I see. But I guess people have experience with this here? I mean, this is definitely an essential function.
  • I haven't seen any mention of this here, ever, so I doubt anyone has experience. The standard way to get stuff into Zotero it via Zotero's own browser "Save to Zotero" button. Sorry, that's all I have.
  • Thank you for the answer. I see it is a bigger problem than expected. I found an add-on, which promises this, but it still does not work effectively, I suspect because of the architecture of Zotero itself (the question of connecting inputs with pdf-s and the location of the latter).