Coloring tags?

"The tag selector is located at the bottom of the left Zotero pane." (https://www.zotero.org/support/collections_and_tags)

Is this true for the standalone version? I don't see anything at the bottom.

"You can assign a color to a tag by right-clicking on it and choosing “Assign Color…”"

Right-clicking on a tag in Standalone doesn't do anything.
  • Is this true for the standalone version?
    There's only been one version of Zotero since 2017 — the program you run on your computer, called "Zotero" — so there's no need to refer to "standalone" anything anymore. All documentation about "Zotero" is referring to the Zotero program. (And even before 2017, when Zotero for Firefox and Zotero Standalone were separate, they had essentially the same interface.)

You should see either the tag selector in the bottom left or, if you collapsed it, a narrow bar that you can click to reopen it.

If you're not seeing that, take a screenshot of your Zotero window, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox), and provide a link here, along with a Report ID.
    Right-clicking on a tag in Standalone doesn't do anything.
    That's referring specifically to the tag selector, not tags in the right-hand pane.
  • The lower-left Tag section was empty until the system forced a fresh boot for some reason, when it appeared with hundreds of tags.

I was able to color-code one tag ("CITE"), which I've now used to flag items in the central list for special attention