Zotero Slow

Hi, My Zetero has become very slow for about a year, and the recent upgrades have not solved the problem. It is slow to open up, and slow to search. It has been very frustrating. Very often I just want to insert a reference into the paper I am writing, and calling up the reference creates interruptions, often substantially long, to work flow. I have a large library (11,989 items), made a lot of notes, and attached many PDFs to my references. Several years ago I chose to index the information in the PDFs, and it was not a problem then. Since Zotero had become slow, I deselected the last choice. It has not helped. I even rebuilt the index. It did not help, either. I used MacOS 10.15.3, Zotero 5.0.86-beta.8+90b393ed7. I don't think this slowness has anything to do with MS Word or my browser, but I can provide the information of their versions if necessary. I wonder if there is a solution. Thanks so much, Kevin
Report ID: 256841194
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for Zotero startup, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option, and also a separate Debug ID for a specific other operation that's slow (with a description of what it is)?
  • Sorry that I did not see your reply until now. Zotero continues to be slow, and is even slower than before. It is slow when start up, and slow for searches (almost every search). Here is the Debug ID: D1788410240. Please help. Thank you, Kevin