Feature request: automatic tab naming when viewing PDF, mass editing and iTunes like rating system?

Zotero is amazing. Although I have some feature requests:

- is it possible to automatically name the tab in Firefox when viewing a PDF article? Now it is always called "(application/pdf-object)". It would help a lot if these tabs were named by their main author&year for example. Especially when writing a literature essay: once I had like 15 tabs open in Firefox, all named "(application/pdf-object)", so every time I had to Ctrl-tab my whole list of articles in Firefox to find the one I wanted.

- mass editing of articles. An example: a lot of my imported scientific articles do not contain their journal abbreviation (which is used in the bibliography of my papers). It would help me a lot (and I think more people), if I could tag all my "Nature Immunology" papers with their Journal Abbrevation ("Nat Immunol").

-automatically open PDF when double clicking object. This is not always the case, although I think I remembered a changelog a while ago that stated that this behavior should be default now.

-iTunes-like star rating to objects? Now I just use tags like "IMPORTANT" or whatever to denote the importance of an object. I think this will be the most difficult one to implement.

I hope that you can maybe implement these features to make this extension even more awesome than it already is!
  • On the first point - I doubt it, this is how FF handles pdfs. Alternatively you could just configure adobe (or whatever you are using) to open pdfs outside of Firefox, where it should display titles correctly.

Mass editing is planned see here: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/480/batch-edits/ or search for "batch editing" in the forums.

The pdf behavior is intended as you describe and will be fixed in the next version if I remember correctly.

A rating system is being considered, but I don't think high on the agenda. There is some discussion here:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/2585/rating-bookmarks/
    and no one has really pointed out why a rating system would be better than tags.