CSL styles that handle "original title"

Hi,

I have original title (in cyrillic for instance) in the extra field for some documents in my Zotero. I would them to be shown in the bibliography (in brackets if possible). Are there some CSL styles already doing that ?

Many thanks in advance,

Rémi
  • There are many style that do.

Beyond this requirement, what style are you wanting to use?
  • I don't think there are many. Unless I'm missing something, there are just 19, many of them French: https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/search?p=2&q="original-title"&unscoped_q="original-title" (click on the "Code" tab on the left)
  • edited April 9, 2020
    Oh, I misread as original date. My bad.
  • Thank you adamsmith, I didn't know how to search into CSL styles characteristics. Exactly what I needed.
  • I have just modified the APA 7th Ed. style to show the original-title in brackets after the translated title using the CSL editor of https://editor.citationstyles.org/visualEditor/. You can download it from https://gist.github.com/rrealrangel/1b11c587e6cadd1705a8d3b02ceb1717. Hope you find it useful.
  • Thank you, Roberto Real-Rangel, please, can you explain exactly how I can download and install this style?
    Thank you!
  • Thanks, damnation!
    Seems that the style is actualized, but it doesn't work. I put the original title in "Extra" field without brackets "When Perfect Isn’t Good Enough. Strategies for Coping with Perfectionism" but it outcome like that:

Antony, M. M., & Swinson, R. P. (2004). Cuando lo perfecto no es suficiente: Estrategias para hacer frente al perfeccionismo (G. Calleja, Trad.; 2a ed.). Desclée De Brouwer.

("Cuando lo perfecto no es suficiente: Estrategias para hacer frente al perfeccionismo" in italic)

Another problem: I use the style American Psychological Association 7th edition (no ampersand) and the CSL style actualized American Psychological Association 7th edition. Is there a simple option to manage correctly original title and original date in no ampersand style?
  • Did you put it into extra like:
    original-title: xyz ?
  • Yes, I did, and outcome:

APA 7 No ampersand style:
    Antony, M. M., i Swinson, R. P. (2004). Cuando lo perfecto no es suficiente: Estrategias para hacer frente al perfeccionismo (G. Calleja, Trad.; 2a ed.). Desclée De Brouwer.

APA 7 style:
    Antony, M. M., & Swinson, R. P. (2004). Cuando lo perfecto no es suficiente: Estrategias para hacer frente al perfeccionismo (G. Calleja, Trad.; 2a ed.). Desclée De Brouwer.

When I write 'original-date: 1998':

APA 7 style:
    Antony, M. M., & Swinson, R. P. (2004). Cuando lo perfecto no es suficiente: Estrategias para hacer frente al perfeccionismo (G. Calleja, Trad.; 2a ed.). Desclée De Brouwer. (Original work published 1998)

APA 7 No ampersand style:
    Antony, M. M., i Swinson, R. P. (2004). Cuando lo perfecto no es suficiente: Estrategias para hacer frente al perfeccionismo (G. Calleja, Trad.; 2a ed.). Desclée De Brouwer. (Original work published 1998)
  • Can I put 'original-date:' and 'original-title:' in the "Extra" field in the same time?

Its possible to translate 'Original work published' to catalan 'Obra original publicada en'?
  • edited May 31, 2023
    This outputs as such for me with the above style:
    Antony, M. M., and Swinson, R. P. (2004). Cuando lo perfecto no es suficiente: Estrategias para hacer frent e al perfeccionismo (G. Calleja, Trans.; 2a ed.) [When Perfect Isn’t Good Enough. Strategies for Coping with Perfectionism]. Desclee de Brouwer. https://www.casadellibro.com/libro-cuando-lo-perfecto-no-es-suficiente-estrategias-para-hacer-frent-e-al-perfeccionismo/9788433018854/986123 (Obra original, publicada en 1998)

En linea 1362, cambias esto a:
    <text value="Obra original, publicada en"/>
    >>>
    <text term="original-work-published"/>

And then you can redefine the term for catalan like so:
    <locale xml:lang="ca">
    <terms>
    <term name="original-work-published">Obra original publicada en</term>
    </terms>
    </locale>

You obviously have to then set the language to Catalan in your Zotero "Document Preferences".

And yes, you can have several things in the Extra field:
    original-title: When Perfect Isn’t Good Enough. Strategies for Coping with Perfectionism
    original-date: 1998
  • Thank you very much, damnation, for your detailed help.
    Now it works properly!!
    I reinstalled the style and I think this action solved the issue.

Thanks!