Sort order in multilingual envirionments

With CSL I can set parameters of the sort order. Yet I did not find out whether there is a way to set up the sort order in a multilingual environment.

In Japanese archaeological journals, which I know best, there are various rules. E.g. sorting by alphabetical order of the "reading" of a name which is not clear from the Kanji it is written -- for these cases, Japanese bibtex has a "yomi" field. But this has to be populated with either alphabet or kana, as other papers require separation of Western names and sorting with kana for names written in Japanese, others sort with stroke number etc.

Of course, it would be great if this can be set in the CSL, but I have to stress that the level of integration of East Asian languages is already great, workarounds for these problems can be found.
  • If you want to have multilingual bibliographies, you should switch to Jurism, a version of Zotero with much expanded multilingual capabilities. It was originally developed in large part for these sorts of Japanese cases: https://juris-m.github.io
  • Great, as written in the other thread, I downloaded the software, it solves these issues, Thanks for the correct link!