Undo does not work in Libre Office and I've accidentally deleted text

I am using Version: 6.3.3.2 (x64) of LibreOffice with Zotero 5.0.14 add-on. I have been working in an unsaved document for 2 days when I accidentally selected all the text and started typing, which meant that I deleted the text I had been writing. I pressed ctrl + z, but nothing happened and in the Edit menu, the option to undo the last action is not greyed out but marked as "Zotero Action". In the Undo menu in the toolbar, my last 100 actions are still there but nothing happens when I press them. I really need to recover the text, I am desperate. Does anyone know how to solve this?
  • The Undo LibreOffice bug was fixed with 5.0.20 version of the Zotero plugin in December 2019. To prevent this in the future you should update to the latest version of Zotero and to ensure the latest version of plugin is installed in LibreOffice go into Zotero Preferences -> Cite -> Word Processors and reinstall the LO plugin.

I'm afraid undoing any actions is not be possible at this point, but you might be able to find backups of the document as described here.
  • It seems to be back.

The posting from scottsp in the libreoffice help site, tied to his issue here, was recently commented to that effect.

https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/undo-button-does-not-work/51104

I have reproduced the issue in LibreOffice v. 7.1.3.2.
    - Without Zotero installed, undo works fine with any sensible data size (recovered 100+ pages of text with a few pictures).
    - With Zotero 6.0.2 installed, undo still works fine with any sensible data size.
    - With Zotero active (connectors installed in Writer, Zotero app running), still no issue with undo.
    - Inserted one citation. Selected small range around the citation, and typed over it. Undo is not working. Zotero app window can no longer be brought to foreground (tried click inside it, alt-tab). Other editing inside Writer is possible, but undo is dead. Undo action visible but not executable.

Saving the document and restarting LibreOffice releases the undo functionality, (but the overwritten content is of course lost). So it seems that with Zotero elements inside "potential undo" data, the affected components (Zotero citation manager, LibreOffice undo) lock up.
    In this case, size does not seem to matter.
  • Zotero starts an "Undo Transaction" that it finishes after you finalize inserting a citation. The undo transaction sometimes may fail to be ended by Zotero e.g. if Zotero crashes mid-transaction or an insertion error occurs, but it's good for the most part. Are you saying that you can reproduce this in a new document where after inserting a Zotero citation (not just opening the citation window) undo stops working?