syncronization trouble

Good morning,

I'm having trouble with the syncronization. I'm working on two computers A and B. One of the computers didn't update properly (B). For some items there is an empty circle on the right (instead of a full circle). When I select one of these items the following message appears
"The attached file could not be found at the following path: C:\Users\Administrator1\Zotero\storage\QMP8AVA6\index.html
The file may have been moved or deleted outside of Zotero, or, if the file has been added on another computer, it may not yet have been synchronized to or from zotero.org".
I then decide to recreate on computer B the item (with a full circle) and delete the old one.
I then see that on computer A, the old item which was correct (full circle) no longer has the associated hard copy (empty circle)!

I don't know what to do anymore. Could someone help me?
  • edited March 27, 2020
    There's no way for files to disappear unless they're deleted outside of Zotero or you somehow end up using a different Zotero data directory from what you were using when you created them (unlikely), so I'd guess that either you're just misremembering where the item was created or you recreated it on Computer B and then it simply hasn't synced to Computer A yet because of whatever the underlying problem is.

See Files Not Syncing for how to troubleshoot this. There's no need to delete and recreate anything. The files will exist where they were originally created.