Corrupted and unreadable files

Hello, my Zotero stopped retrieving my pdf files recently. When I went to look at my sources for my latest paper, every file I have on Zotero says that the file has become corrupted and unreadable. The reference information is still there, but I cannot view the article pdf. I tried updating Zotero, restarting my computer, and restarting Zotero. When I tried to put new files into Zotero and these new ones did the same thing as soon as I tried to open them in Zotero.
  • When I went to look at my sources for my latest paper, every file I have on Zotero says that the file has become corrupted and unreadable.
    What exactly are you trying, and what's the exact message you're receiving?
  • Normally when I double click on the article title, a pdf automatically pulls up in a different screen. Now when I try to double click the articles, it says "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." It does this even if find a brand new article and add it to zotero.
  • edited March 23, 2020
    That's a message from Windows indicating that your filesystem is corrupted. This isn't a problem in Zotero.

You'll need to repair your disk outside of Zotero.
  • Thank you for letting me know!