Error Report : 449272684

I was downloading an ebook of 21 chapters from database.
The attachments were being renamed automatically.
The system seemed to hang for a few seconds.
The error message (449272684) appeared with the request to report it , which I did.
The attachments continued to download but were no longer being renamed.
I am also using Zotfile to rename (if needed) and move to a separate folder
When the download was complete I manually Zotfile'd each attachment, which renamed and moved everything.
So in the end the task could be completely manually, maybe a Zotfile problem?
  • We'd probably need to see a Debug ID for a save attempt that failed to say more, but there are multiple ZotFile errors in the report:
    [JavaScript Error: "error opening PDF: C:\Users\[…]\Zotero\storage\N5VHIC9Q\[…].pdf Win error 2 during operation open on file C:\Users\[…]\Zotero\storage\N5VHIC9Q\[…].pdf (The system cannot find the file specified.
    )" {file: "chrome://zotfile/content/pdfextract/toc.js" line: 14}]
  • OK, I deleted the original files and repeated the exact same sequence.
    Basically the same result, the rename failed for most of the attachments though this time with no error.
    I can finish of the task (rename and move attachments) manually with Zotfile.
    The debug report has been submitted : D641458529
  • There don't appear to be any Zotero errors in there. Unless there's a problem with third-party extensions disabled, I'm afraid that's not something we can help with. From the above error — which may or may not be the main problem — I'd guess that ZotFile is trying to extract a table of contents from the stored copy of the file even though it already created a linked file from the file and deleted the stored copy.
  • Many thanks for the feedback, very helpful. It triggered me to double check my settings. It turned out the Zotero preferences (General) were setup to rename attachments as well as Zotfile. When I turned off the Zotero preferences renaming, Zotfile performed perfectly..... (I.e. renamed and moved the files).
    I never had that error before, and it seemed it was only the renaming of 21 attachments that made the problem obvious, something learned.

    Thanks once again for the hint.
Sign In or Register to comment.