Zotero starts new bibliography for new OO session

I have installed Zotero 2.0b6 and the OpenOffice plugin 2.0a2. When I add a new citation using the "add citation" button in OO, then add a bibliography, it works great. However, if I then shut down OpenOffice, go do other things with my life, and return to work on my paper again the next day, when I restart OpenOffice and try to add a new citation, it starts the citation numbering at 1 again, and makes me add a new bibliography. The old bibliography and citations are still physically there, they just don't seem to be recognized by Zotero as something it should understand.

OpenOffice 3.0, Ubuntu Intrepid.

I would really like to not have to back down to Zotero 1.x, because I use multiple computers so the sync functionality is important to me.

I haven't been able to find posts on this forum from others with the same problem. Help?

Thanks,
Jessica
  • are you saving the file as odt or doc? Are you using Fields or Bookmarks?
  • I am saving the file as doc ("Word 97/2000/XP").

I am using Fields.

Thanks,
    Jessica
  • that's the problem. The word format doesn't save fields. If you want to use .doc you will have to use bookmarks.

The respective dialogue in the Ooo plugin is really terrible - not least because it confuses word and Ooo - but even knowing that it doesn't really make the problem clear. This has been known for quite a while and should be changed...
  • I've fixed the Doc Prefs window to reflect the correct app and to clarify the required file format for each mode.
  • thanks - is that for the plugin currently for download or the next release?
  • The integration windows are actually extension code, not plugin code, so it'll be in 2.0b6.5, which should be out within a few days.
  • Thanks so much to both of you. I tested this using bookmarks and it works fine, so I'm happy now -- and am impressed with the speed of response, both from Dan in helping me move forward and from adamsmith for updating the app. Thank you!

Jessica
  • the other way around - but you're very welcome!