search failed (ISBN)

Message ID : 158838162
Zotero could not find a record matching the specified identifier. Please verify that the identifier is correct and try again.
  • What ISBN?
  • International Standard Book Number
  • Right, what ISBN are you trying? We need you to tell us the ISBN that's failing for you.
  • currently no books can be searched ... for example 978-80-247-5534-2.
    I also tried books that automatically searched for it before but write it just right: the search failed.
  • If no ISBNs are working, there's a problem with your installation. Try resetting your translators from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • will my library not be deleted?
  • Of course not. We wouldn't recommend something that would delete your library.
  • I followed your instructions, but the problem remains :(
  • Can you 1) restart Zotero and 2) provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for an attempt that fails?
  • D1927612830.
  • How do I proceed?
  • D1410184122.
  • I tried uninstalling and reinstalling zotero ... unfortunately the problem was not solved ... what should I do?
  • This is czech book, for thise cases I use Czech national library and import data from this source.
  • I don't understand how this solves my problem
  • Right, but it should import (it's in Worldcat) and does for me (and presumably dstillman) --@PetraModlova : you'll have to be a bit patient until someone has time to look at the debug output you submitted and can see what's going on.
  • I tried import this publication by Zotero and it was imported. Unfortunately, there are missing a lot of matadata such publisher, place of publishing, edition.
  • @PetraModlova: What do you see when you load http://www.worldcat.org/search?qt=results_page&q=isbn:9788024750378 in your browser? Do you see the result page for that book?

Your Zotero isn't receiving any results from WorldCat for that ISBN, which is why this isn't working for you. Normally it should work fine, and is for us.

Have you recently imported a large number of results? At least from one metadata provider, you're getting a response code that indicates that you've made too many recent requests and are being rate-limited.