Word add in cannot find zotero

report ID: 1844058828
Word version: 16.34
Mac OS: 10.14.6

Tried restarting both, and disabling and re-enabling plug in
  • We always need exact error messages. Are you getting "Word could not communicate with Zotero"?

If so, if you close Zotero, go to your Zotero profile directory, and move extensions.ini, extensions.json, and the 'extensions' folder to your desktop, and then restart Zotero, does it work? (If any of those don't exist, that's OK.)
  • yes, that is the error message. Removed the extensions, restarted both. It looks like Zotero is re-indexing my local library. I'll need to install the latex extension again.

But no change in the error message.
  • I'm not sure what you mean by "re-indexing my local library", but simply deleting the extensions files wouldn't do anything like that.

Do you see sections for the Word and LibreOffice integration plugins in the Cite → Word Processors pane of the Zotero preferences?
  • I had to enter my zotero ID and password back in before my library came back - it looks like it is repopulating the database on my desktop

Yes - see that menu. I reinstalled the Word plugin and restarted Word. Same error

So I now installed the Libre plugin - to do so, I needed to install JDK.

restarted both.

still same error
  • I had to enter my zotero ID and password back in before my library came back - it looks like it is repopulating the database on my desktop

Yes - see that menu. I reinstalled the Word plugin and restarted Word. Same error

---

As a last resort, after above, restarted computer. Seems back in shape now

• edited March 19, 2020
    I don't know what you did, but you deleted far more than just "extensions" if that happened. The instructions I gave wouldn't have affected your login or your Zotero data in any way. All it would've done is remove any extensions you had installed.
    Yes - see that menu.
    What menu? I'm asking about sections in the preferences, not a menu. And I was just asking if they appeared, not saying to do anything.
    As a last resort, after above, restarted computer. Seems back in shape now
    OK, great.