Crash report ID 164394420 error when changing citation style

Hi,
I changed citation style from Harvard to Chicago (footnotes). it worked, but since then I cannot change it again, but always receive an error message (Zotero experienced an error updating your document). I conducted all propositions in the trobuleshooting instructions but could not resolve it. Any idea what I can do? Thanks in advance!
best

version => 5.0.84, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-GB, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.84, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.22.SA.5.0.84, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.84, extension), Shockwave Flash (32.0.0.344, plugin)
  • See the last step on the Debugging Broken Documents page.
  • thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it does not work. when I identified and deleted a problematic citation the error message does disappear, but the style is still broken. e.g. when I change to Vancouver, a change happens, but the wanted in-text citation (e.g. [1]) does not appear in the text, but in the bibliography (instead of the bibilography that does not appear at all). the in-text citation is still chicago style (e.g. x, i). I tried with various random selections of failing passages; each time, I need to delete all citations until the error message disappears.
  • From the page:
    You should also send the document excerpt from Step 9 and a link to your forum thread to support@zotero.org so that we can take a look.
    This should be the smallest possible excerpt of the document that still reproduces the problem.
  • Are you sure that you were using footnotes and not endnotes (when you say the [1] goes in the bibliography, that suggests you might be using endnotes).
    If that's the case, try switching to footnotes first, then change the style.
  • Thanks, adamsmith, that solved the issue!