Removing ALL Zotero references/fields

I am writing a paper in MS Word 365 with full Zotero referencing, but when it is complete I want to remove completely (not just break the links) all references. For example (and I know it is silly!)
"The people show complete interest in this topic (Smith 2019)"
where "(Smith 2019) is a Zotero field. I want the sentence to ultimately become:
"The people show complete interest in this topic"

The paper will have probably 100 Zotero references, so it will be a big job to remove them by hand - is there a way to completely remove all the Zotero reference fields?

My complements to all the team who work on Zotero - it just keeps getting better and better.
  • Do you have any other automated things like page numbers, tables of contents, figures captions in your Word document, or are the only "Fields" Zotero citations?
  • Haven't tested it, but this (https://word.tips.net/T001864_Deleting_All_Fields.html) could be worth a look. The post explains how you can remove all fields in a word doc. Of course, this will also remove non-Zotero fields. Don't know if that's a problem.
  • Needless to say, this is not something Zotero is designed to help you with, but this works for me:

1) Select All, right-click, Toggle Field Codes.

2) Open the Find and Replace window and paste in ^d ADDIN ZOTERO_ITEM CSL_CITATION for the find text. Leave the replace field blank.

3) Click Replace All.

4) If you have non-Zotero fields, Select All, right-click, Toggle Field Codes again.
  • Many thanks for the fast responses.
    1) yes, I have other fields (cross-references, index, table of contents, etc)
    2) so removing all fields is not a desirable option
    3) Find & Replace option looks perfect - many thanks.

I have my answer with 20 minutes!!!!!!!! Thanks to everyone