OSCOLA UK and EU and International law referencing

Hi guys,

I am a student at BU studying law. I currently using the OSCOLA 2019 referencing style and have issues when adding cases and international law conventions / treaties.

When adding international conventions such as Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora the reference pulls through as "Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora 1973 (933 UNTS 243)." however I need it to look like this "Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (opened for signature 3 March 1973, entered into force 1 July 1975) 933 UNTS 243"

Does anyone know how I can create this or have another style which I could change to?
I am unable to add them manually as the fields are not there.

I am writing a paper which involves UK, EU and international law/cases. Is there something which would work better than standard OSCOLA?

What styles do other law students use?

Kind regards

Elliott
  • edited February 28, 2020
    What item type are you storing treaties as? You will generally need to enter "Type: treaty" in Extra for this to format correctly.
  • Treaty does not come up in the list of sources available. The only options for legal agreements is 'Bills' and 'statutes'
  • Like I said above— You will generally need to enter "Type: treaty" in Extra for this to format correctly.
  • This doesn't then add the option for 'date signed' as well as 'date enacted'

My issue is I need an extra field for the two different dates

• I don't think there's any current legal style with decent treaty support.
  • I think Jurism does have more date fields for treaties though