I want to sync files to annotate pdfs on mobile device. Is this Possible?

I'm using Zotfile on my laptop, and Zoo for Zetero on my Android phone. I'm also using an app that can setup a sync'd folder on my android device with a folder on my laptop through Google Drive.

My thought was that if I have a sync'd folder on my laptop and on my android phone, then I could tell Zoo for Zetero (on my Android) that the attachments can be found in this folder (thinking Zoo for Zetero identifies attachments by file name). But this doesn't work, and I don't know why.

I am open to any solution. My goal is to be able to view my attachments through my Android, and be able to annotate on the go, and have that sync. I wasn't a fan of Zotfile's Send to Tablet functionality because it seems to cumbersome.

If anyone has any advice for me it would be appreciated.
  • edited February 25, 2020
    I don't know if any third-party mobile apps support a Linked Attachment Base Directory. You'd have to ask that app's developer.

Generally speaking, when people use ZotFile to annotate on a tablet — whether using Send to Tablet or just linked files — they just set it up to save files to a cloud storage folder (e.g., Dropbox) and access those files directly on their tablet, not via any sort of third-party Zotero client.
  • https://github.com/mickstar/Zoo-For-Zotero/issues/23

Basically, I gather that using xodo app to open files from zoo for zotero, and doing annotations in it, will save the annotations.