Website citation (chicago style)

Hi guys,
Hope the summer is going well. Ok, here's my issue:

Inserting citation to a webpage from Zotero using Chicago Note+Bib style, and I only get:
Author, "Title."

But what I want is:
for the note: Author, "Title," WebsiteTitle, URL.
for the bib: Author...... URL (accessed DateAdded).

see http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html under "Web site" for examples.

Should I be using something other than the "Web Page" item?
Thanks!
  • Try the CMOS Full Note with Bib style, which will give you the URL in the note - this is what your instructions are referring to.

The accessed Data is optional in Chicago (cf. your link) and is thus not included here. It's easy to add if you want to play some with .csl.
  • I changed the category and title because I don't think this problem is beta- or Word 2008-specific. I believe the style is working by design for the note with bibliography version. If you try the full note or no bibliography Chicago styles, you'll get what you're looking for. Elena will likely chime in if there's a problem otherwise.
  • CMS expert Elena concurs that this is working as expected.
  • Ah, gotcha. User error! I will go flagellate myself with a wet noodle...
  • I take it you're a Pastafarian?
  • Hello everybody,

it seems this has changed. If I may cite from the above linked site:

"Because such content is subject to change, include an access date or, if available, a date that the site was last modified."

It would be already a great help, if instead of giving "n.d." everytime the site doesn't give a date, the "Accessed" date would be given. Right now I have n.d. almost everywhere and that looks really sloppy :-)

Thanks a lot
    Sebastian
  • It would be already a great help, if instead of giving "n.d." everytime the site doesn't give a date, the "Accessed" date would be given. Right now I have n.d. almost everywhere and that looks really sloppy :-)
    This is now done. The new version of (almost) all Chicago styles should show up on the repository within the next 30mins. Update by re-installing Any problems let me know.