Save to Zotero thinks most items are web pages

Hello everyone. I am not very technically sophisticated, so I apologise for the clumsy description of my problem.
I add most of my references to Zotero individually using the "Save to Zotero" plugin on Chrome. Unfortunately, books that I find on my university library catalogue for some reason are often not recognised by Zotero as such and come up as web pages. I usually get around this by using WorldCat, Amazon, or some other database, but now I'm having the same problem with them; books that are clearly books are not being recognised as such by the plug-in. Any suggestions?
  • edited February 20, 2020
    Edit: actually, if you're also getting this on WorldCat and Amazon, see
    https://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues
  • I worked through the steps on the page above and didn't seem to have success, but after I set up Debug output logging and went to capture some data, it was working. So I'm not sure exactly when things turned around -- I suspect it was the reset translators action but am not sure, as it did not make a difference initially -- but all seems back to normal now. Thanks for your help!
  • Now that it is working, I have the original problem with the university library; individual books often come up as folders, and I get an error message. I'm not sure I can send examples as the catalogue is now password protected.
  • Your library catalog is password protected??? Not much we can do to help in that case I'm afraid.
  • Yes, this happened quite recently! Do you have any rough ideas on why an individual book would show up as a folder icon all the same?
  • You can hover over the save icon to see what translator is being used. For a folder icon, there's a good chance that nothing else is being detected and it's just detected one or more DOIs on the page.