Deleting irrelevant entires in the Item Type dropdown list?

On the Zotero desktop client for Windows, I find it a bit cumbersome to change Item Type into "Report," as there is a "Radio Broadcast" entry in the dropdown list.

For, say, "Journal Articles," I can press J on the keyboard to select it. Since the metadata for "Report" is almost identical to "Journal Articles", I use "Report" for working papers mostly. Yet, I cannot quickly select the "Report" type by simply pressing R on the keyboard. I need to use the mouse to select the "Report" type carefully.

Please advise if it is possible to mask a few out-dated Item Type in the following dropdown list for Item Types.

Screenshot of the Item Types: https://i.imgur.com/xQNOBYA.png

Thanks a lot!
  • Yet, I cannot quickly select the "Report" type by simply pressing R on the keyboard.
    You can just press R twice.
  • >> Yet, I cannot quickly select the "Report" type by simply pressing R on the keyboard.

> You can just press R twice.

Well, hitting the R twice works under the premise that there is no "# of Pages" info for the current record. Upon the release of R button for the first time, Zotero will attempt to change the current Item Type to Radio Broadcast. Should the original record have any "fields that will be deleted", like this "# of Pages" entry, the following dialog window shall pop up: https://i.imgur.com/Mcdt8Xb.png

Only upon confirming the deletion will one be able to actually hit the R-button twice :(

Still, I prefer to have the "freedom" to choose over what Item Type to remove from the dropdown list.
  • Ah, that's different on Windows. On a Mac you can press R to cycle through options in the drop-down without changing the type. We'll see if we can fix that.
  • (And this happens on Windows when using the arrow keys too, so that's definitely a bug.)
  • I too would love for it to be possible to simply hide certain item types. I will never use the vast majority of item types in the drop-down list. The presence of so many irrelevant ones makes it cumbersome to choose the right one, especially since the problem mentioned by llinfeng above still exists two years later in Zotero for Windows (I'm running 6.0.8).