Path to attached files

Hi,

My english isn't really good, my apologies.

I have a problem with attached files in Zotero. These files are saved locally (actually it's a local folder from a drive - switchdrive) and I just attached the links to the files. However, for some references (+200), the path no longer works. Do you know how I could do to correct this path, knowing that the folder containing the files is the same for all?

Or would there be a way to re-synchronize attached files from a library? Zotfile could help me?

Thanks,
Tiffany
  • You can batch-edit the paths to attachment files using the Zutilo plugin.
  • Thanks for your help.

A problem persists : i'm using 2 PCs (one with Windows and one with MacOS). I can't open a file with both of them, the path is wrong. Have you any idea to help me?

Atm, the only solution i found is to use URI files produce by the drive. That means that i have to edit local path with URI, and that one by one. Or is there a tool or a manipulation to edit automatically all the files links?

Thank you,
    Tiffany
  • edited February 20, 2020
    Don't use URIs.

You just need to relocate the linked files (if you're doing them manually via Zotero) or batch-edit them to correct file paths (if you're using Zutilo) on one of the computers so that they work correctly, make sure the Linked Attachment Base Directory is set correctly on both computers, and sync Zotero. Zotero will store relative paths to the files from the Linked Attachment Base Directory, so that the files can be opened on whichever computer you use.