"Cannot make changes to library"

Hello,

I've been on vacation for a few weeks and had only limited access to an internet connection, but I'm not getting a vague "cannot make changes to library" error. The report ID is: 1645302613.

The errors themselves seem to likewise be vague - they say a tag is not well formed or something...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike
  • when do you get that message?
    What steps to reproduce?
  • hey... sorry... it's just a sync error. It comes up when I hover over the sync icon after a sync attempt. Sorry about that... I forgot to mention the most important part!

Thanks,

Mike
  • then it is probably what the error says: There seems to be something wrong with a tag - I'd assume to long or with some strange symbol in it -
    I'm not quite sure what the current state of that is. I cleaned up my tags thoroughly before I got syncing to work, but since then the Zotero team has also made syncing more stable - but look at your tags and if you see some that look strange - change or delete them.
  • Hey...

My error report seems to have refreshed... now it's showing this one: 463657432

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Cannot make changes to library (Report ID: 41d9435a)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "" data: no]"]

So I'm not sure if that's tag related or not... Either way, I've never had trouble with any of my tags before, and I don't think I've added any. I was thinking it was referring to an HTML tag.

Thanks,

Mike