Zotero connector not working if not always enabled in chrome

Hi,

If I have the Zotero connecto extension enabled only when I click the extension, it is unable to connecto with the zotero application or to the zotero online.

I do not want the extension to be always enabled, but only enabled when I need, but that seems not to be an option. Was anyone able to use it this way?

Best regards,
Hugo Costelha
  • Various things require the connector to monitor resource loading, so it's not designed to be used with that setting. Some features run at non-click times, including RIS/BibTeX/CSL interception and Google Docs integration, and even for proper saving it has to watch for loads in iframes. It's possible saving on non-frame pages could be made to work with that setting, but given that other advertised functionality would be broken, that's not something we're likely to spend time making work.

To be clear, as long as you have Zotero open, the Zotero Connector works locally, with no data being sent to Zotero servers (other than broken site translator reports, which can be disabled), and it doesn't store your browsing history in any way.

https://www.zotero.org/support/privacy
  • Thanks for the answer and clarification.

In the meantime, I can disable and enable the extension as needed, since that works without any problems.

Best regards.