attachments 'lost'

I'm using Zotero 2.0b6.3 - recently, a lot (but not all) of my attached files have become 'unattached' to their corresponding items in my library.
  • Are you using file syncing? Are the missing files missing from multiple computers, or just one?

If you're not using file syncing or it's not working, the attachments will only be accessible on the computer on which you created them.
  • yes, I'm using file syncing - and the problem has been identified on two computers.

Let me specify: the files are not missing - while lots of items do not have the attechments they should have, "My library" contains a lot of files, that are not associated with any items...
  • Ah, I see what you mean. Unfortunately this is due to a bug that existed in 2.0b6 and 2.0b6.1. Those versions combined were only out for a little over 24 hours and then blocked from syncing, but any child items uploaded to the server with those versions would've been changed to standalone items on the server, and pulling those items back down would propagate the changes.

I've fixed these 274 items for you on the server and marked them for retrieval. The next time you sync, they should return to the parent items they were under on July 6th, before 2.0b6 was released. Let me know if not.
  • It looks pretty good - there's only two pairs left that didn't get rejoined, but I'll take care of those myself.

Thanks for the help!