RTF output for Zotero Online?

ZoteroBib will output bibliographies to RTF but Zotero Online does not - either in the "Old Web Library" or the "New Web Library Beta." What's up with that?

In "New Web Library Beta," there is an option to "Copy to Clipboard" from a formatted bibliography but it does not capture italicization or margins. In "Old Web Library," I can select and copy a bibliography from the "Cite" window, and it preserves italicization, but not margins - and in IEEE format the entry numbers (e.g., [1]) are pushed to the right margin rather than the left.

An RTF export for Zotero Online is needed! Or am I missing it somehow?

Paul
  • I can confirm the issue with missing italics in the beta web library, which definitely is a bug.

Margins from Clipboard have always been a mess (including in the Desktop App, so not sure about that.

RTF export looks like it was originally planned for the web library: https://github.com/zotero/web-library/issues/134 but somehow didn't make it (yet? but can't find an open ticket)
  • Thank you for letting us know. Missing italics (and other formatting) in the new Web Library Beta was a regression caused by one of the dependencies. It is expected to work similarly to the client and ZoteroBib. We've prepared a fix and it will be deployed shortly.
  • edited February 3, 2020
    I see that italics are coming over when copying to the clipboard in Web Library Beta now. Thanks for that! It would still be preferred to add RTF export for Web Library Beta, however - as is offered by ZoteroBib. Is that scheduled to happen?