Word does not save citations and bibliography after closing

Hello there

I contact you because I'am in trouble with Zotero on Word. Each time I close a document where I have used Zotero, citations and bibliography cease to work. It's like closing the file applies the Unlink Citation thing. When the document is open, it works just fine, but once I close it and reopen it, the links go missing

I already tried to save in different formats (doc, docx, rtf) and reinstall the plug-in but nothing seems to work; I even tried to search on this forum if this kind of thing already happened to someone else (If I have made a very poor job in researching, don't hesitate to tell me) and so I would like to know if any of you have a solution for this case

If it has any impact on my problem, I use french language with both Zotero and Word.

• This is usually caused by saving the file in an incompatible format. If you are working in Word, you need to save the file in .docx format.

I know you say you have tried, but could you double check by opening a new empty document, inserting a citation, saving as .docx, and closing then reopening it?
  • edited January 21, 2020
    Ok so, I just tried in docx format and it worked...until I close the doc again and suddenly it dosen't work anymore.

Edit: After trying again, it seems to work, but I could have sworn I have tried the docx format before. So far, I can use Zotero normally it seems, so thanks.
  • I have the same problem even with docx, i guess i have to redo this in one sitting then
  • @Rolli_HD: No, this definitely wouldn't happen if you save from Word in .docx. Zotero uses standard Word fields, which Word obviously doesn't strip when you save as .docx. See Existing Citations Not Detected for the possible causes here.