modified citations: can I turn updating back on?

Is there a way to turn on updating of citations, which I previously manually changed and for which I clicked that I want to keep my modifications and prevent future updates?

Reason for the question: I sometimes need to modify citations to remove spaces that are automatically inserted (e.g., in numbered citation styles, Zotero will add a space between the prefix and the number which I do not want due to word count issues)).
Then when refreshing, I get a popup with the question whether I want to keep my modifications and prevent future updates. If I click 'yes' accidentally but later change the citations in the text and want them to update again, can I turn the updating back on? How?
  • 1. There are two ways you can revert these citations. First, place the cursor in the citation and then click the Add/Edit Citation button. You will be prompted that your modifications will be discarded. Click OK and you will be able to edit the citation. Save it by typing Enter and it have updating enabled again. Alternatively, you can right-click on the citation and choose Toggle Field Codes. Change "dontUpdate" to "false" and then click the Zotero Refresh button. You will see the prompt saying that the citation has been modified again and you can click "No" instead this time.

2. Rather than deleting the space manually, to prevent the citation processor from inserting a space, add a zero-width space (https://codepen.io/chriscoyier/pen/iLKwm) to the end of the prefix.